CAD / REVIT Technician
As an integral part of the design team at PLANIT Studios, drafting technicians provide completed construction documents to facilitate the construction of new buildings and provide renovation/remodeling information for existing structures. Much attention to detail is required, and completed drawings may be presented directly to customers, subcontractors, and/or other PLANIT personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starting, creative, detail orientated, and strong communicators.
- Create architectural and structural construction documents (CDs) according to project requirements, utilizing Building Informational Modeling (BIM) software (AutoCAD, REVIT, etc.) in PLANIT Studios proprietary setting.
- Works from rough sketches, schematics, and verbal instructions. Utilizes and maintains company project design, documentation, and submittal standards. Ensures adherence to industry standards and codes as required and supports and maintains company design standards.
- Works closely with Project Managers, Project Designers, and Landscape Architectural staff in the coordination of preliminary construction drawing requirements; collaborates with the design team to support finish selections.
- Creates three (3) dimensional models used for presentation purposes and may attend site visits and meetings to ensure accurate dimensional requirements are being correctly interpreted from supplied drawings.
- Two (2) year technical degree in Architectural Construction Technology or related degree
- Demonstrated experience in BIM, AutoCAD, and Revit software
- Ability to apply standard drafting techniques and knowledge of practical, electrical, and fabrication problems
- Previous experience with architectural drawing and construction documents a plus
- Previous experience with structural drawing and construction documents strongly preferred
WORK FOR US.